African countries have demonstrated a commendable determination in making tourism a strong ally of sustainable growth for millions in the region. Now is the time for them to speak up and share the stories that showcase the best of Africa as a world-class tourist destination.
UNWTO is launching a social media campaign with a strong human angle to boost Africa’s potential as a vibrant and diverse tourist destination. We aim to showcase the power of tourism through their protagonists and help bringing sustainable growth and opportunities for millions in the region.
We need your collaboration in reaching out to the most inspiring people from the tourism sector in Africa. We want to gather their stories, learn from their experiences and offer UNWTO to echo their stories with the world.
Participants should answer the 3 following questions:
- Why did you choose to work in tourism or in field related to tourism?
- How has tourism helped you grow?
- In 3 words, describe Africa as a diverse tourist destination.
- Record a video answering those questions.
- Write your voice! Send us the transcript of your story.
- Look into your camera, click and share with us your favourite portrait-pic.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject #MyAfrica, stating your name and country of residence.
Tips for recording:
- Prepare yourself
- Embrace trial & error and film your message more than once!
- Make sure the settings of the camera are set at the highest quality possible and that you’re recording in a horizontal frame.
- Also, avoid any background noise and try not to get too close to the mic.
- Wait 2 seconds before and after you stop/start speaking to stop/start speaking.
TBS Africa, as an organization committed to promoting Eco-friendly and sustainable travel and tourism destinations and experiences in Africa for Africa by Africans, is fully in support of the UNWTO’s #MyAfrica challenge.